These Potato, Feta and Spinach Fritters were so popular when they were on the menu we’re adding the recipe so you can enjoy them at home.
Remember, they’re wheat and gluten free and are great served with roasted tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, eggs or a few salad leaves.
This recipe serves 4.
Potato, Spinach & Feta Fritters
- 160gm blanched fresh or frozen spinach
- 2 cups mashed potato
- 100gm grated cheese
- 1 red onion (medium), chopped finely
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp wheat-free baking powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and white pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 130 feta cheese - crumbled
- Chop the spinach roughly (if using frozen squeeze the water out with your hands first)
- Mix all above ingredients together well with the spinach
- Heat a non-stick frypan with a little oil.
- Place large heaped spoonsful into the pan and brown on each side for around 3 mins
- Place in oven to finish cooking for 10 mins at 200C.
(C) Morrison Street Cafe 2012