Here’s a lovely warming meal for those cold evenings.
It serves eight people and is wheat, gluten and dairy free.
Roasted Winter Vegetable Soup
- 1/4 medium pumpkin - peeled, deseeded
- 2 medium kumara - peeled
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled
- 2 medium red onions - peeled, diced roughly
- 5 cloves garlic - chopped
- 2 1/2 litres water or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Cut the pumpkin, kumara, carrots and parsnips into 5cm chunks
- Put the chopped veges plus the onions and garlic into an oiled roasting pan
- Roast all the veges at 200C till just cooked (approx 30 mins)
- Put the roasted veges in a pot with the water or stock, the chilli sauce and the wine
- Simmer till veges are soft, approx 20 mins.
- Place into a blender and blend until there are no lumps.
- Season to taste
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt (not dairy free) or coconut cream
(C) Morrison Street Cafe 2012