This tasty Hot and Sour Chicken Soup was a very popular menu item a few years back.
It makes a quick, easy nourishing snack or light meal any time of the day. Don’t let hot weather put you off making it as it’s a delicious meal to have out on the deck on a sunny day.
Sadly there are no pics to add.
- 85 gm tom yum paste
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 2.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 shitake mushrooms
- fresh coriander
- Soak the mushrooms in boiling water until soft
- Saute the tom yum paste in a fry pan for 2 minutes on a moderate heat
- Place all the other ingredients in a soup pot and bring to the boil
- Add the sauteed tom yum paste and whisk in
- Add seasonings to taste and simmer for 10 minutes
- Drain the mushrooms and place in the bottom of the serving bowls
- Pour the soup over the mushrooms to serve
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander